Every blogger is thinking that his website needs a sidebar which shows sticky widgets or Ads in the sidebar. After normal traffic, I was thinking that my website should have a sticky sidebar and I need to put certain ads or relevant information in it. So I searched a plugin namely “Q2W3 Fixed Widget“.
Today, I will talk more about “Q2W3 Fixed Widget” plugin.
As per the name, Q2W3 Fixed Widget plugin provides sticky widgets on the sidebar. Even you could use this for more widgets on the same sidebar.
On the akashwagh.com site’s right side, you will see two Bluehost widgets and they are sticky.
So using this demo might be you have got an idea how this plugin will work.
- Download Q2Q3 Fixed Widget plugin from here and active it.
- Go to the admin panel. You will get the link below in line to appearance tab.
- As shown in the figure, You need to add stop id. It means When you add sticky widgets on the sidebar and scrolling down to the bottom if there is any another section available then it will overnight the section. Please check I have added footer_widgets as an HTML Stop Id. So, when sticky widgets are scrolling and when they are near to footer Widget then it will work as a normally.
How to set widget as a Sticky widget
- Go to the widget area and open the widget which you want to keep it as sticky.
- At the bottom of the widget, you will a checkbox with the name “Fixed Widget” as shown in the above screenshot. Please click and save it.
- Go to the front end and check the sidebar, You will see the sticky widget.
Using this plugin you will get,
- More clicks for the ads.
- More subscriptions if you put subscription box there.
- You could launch your new product.
For more details please watch a demo here.
Hope this post is helpful to you. Please share your comments below to comment box if you have any queries.